Sep 3, 2008

Boston








This summer Dan had a conference in Boston. Jackson flew out with Dan at the beginning of the week, and when Dan was in meetings, he just hung out in the room. He was in heaven being able to justify just laying around. He is so busy, he normally doesn't get to do that.

About midweek, I flew in. While Dan was in meetings, Jackson and I discovered Boston. We had a riot. We saw tons of stuff, but I tried to post photos that represent some of Jackson's favorite things.

First, the subway system. We bought a week pass and we used it constantly.
He was a pro by the time we left. This photo with Dan was just after a fabulous dinner in the Italian section, and a visit to the "must" shop called Mike's Pastries. Thanks Janie for your fabulous suggestions! Yum. We also introduced Jackson to Gelato. To say that Jackson loved it is an understatement. He is now obsessed 24/7 and we visited many stands during our trip.
This is the MIT Museum we visited before we went to the MIT campus . It was fascinating to Jackson and I literally had to almost drag him out of there. All this techy cool stuff that was interactive. The campus was not particularly beautiful, especially compared to Harvard (which we didn't see given our time at the museum), but it's an amazing school and right down Jackson's alley.

This photos was in a tiny, tiny little restaurant in the Italian section. It was so tiny you had to wait in line outside the restaurant. There was quite a wait too, but it was fun chatting with some locals. I posted this because Jackson is really starting to appreciate good food (too bad he doesn't get it at home . . . ha) and he is now willing to try just about anything. He had some great meals with some fun new taste experiences.


And finally, the photo here (oops, the photo at the top) is a photo of our fun whale watching trip. It was amazing! We saw tons very close and I don't think either Jackson nor I will ever forget it.

Thanks Dan for a fabulous trip!

5 comments:

sara said...

how fun! sounds like a blast! It's always great to get to spend one on one time, and how fun to get to do it in boston!

Don't you love your kids growing up? they truly start to become friends! and not just children!!!

Jane Anne said...

I love Boston too. What a fun time one on one...

By the way, we have a great gilato place about one minute from our house...That gives you a great excuse to come visit!!! They also have fabulous sandwiches...Jackson, tell your mom to bring you!

Jill said...

I forgot y'all were going there. What a fun memory for Jackson to be there with you and Dan. Glad you had such a fun time!!!

Elder and Sister Grassli said...

W hat a memory for a new teenager! And his mom and dad. I love that youwere able to do that.

allredclan said...

My girls are going to love this post with all these pictures... =)