Sep 7, 2008

Meet Sandy and Ivy

Well, we jumped into a the new pet thing rather quickly after our sad news. A friend at Dan's work was trying to find a new home for their two Russian Tortoises, and kids have asked for them over the years.

So, we are all sitting there the first night taking turns playing with and holding the tortooises and when it was my turn, I set one on my lap (they don't like being held up in the air). I was having a lovely time and then out of the blue I hear this relatively loud swoosh sound, and then I feel it, urine all over me, about 1/2 cup. It was a TON in my opinion for such a little tortoise. We were all cracking up. I cannot get that swoosh sound out of my head, and I cannot believe how fast it came out, like it was dumped all at once. It was freaky..

Max and Jackson fishing Sandy out of the garden.
Jackson and Alex with Ivy.

2 comments:

steve and lisa said...

That is SOOOOO funny! All animals always pee on the mom!! Such a great mom to not only get one turtle, but TWO!! Hopefully the swoosh sound will dim after time. lisa

Jane Anne said...

So funny!! i can see it happening in my mind and it makes me laugh!! My kids still want a dog (after Zoey) but it's been hard for me to really do it. It's like having another child (you have to find babysitters even) and I've been so used to not having one, I can't commit. My poor kids. Plus they'll all be out of the house in four years and then we'd be stuck!!!