Sep 10, 2008

First Day of School

I was totally dreading the first day of school, but here it is, the unofficial symbol of the end of summer, the end of warm weather and the end of carefree fun. I'd so much prefer to have the kids with me, but I guess I can get something done now. Oh well.

Can you see how thrilled Jackson is that I am taking his photo on the first day of school? You cannot tell here, but he is thrilled beyond belief to be in Junior High. He after a couple of weeks he still loves it. Yea, we are so happy for him!
Max here is also trying, but not really succeeding, to be happy with my obnoxious photo taking. I keep telling them they'll love me for this when they are older . He gets last year's teacher this year again and that's good news because she is tough but fabulous! Yea for Max!
Alex is TOTALLY fine with my photo taking. Isn't that wonderful? Thanks Alex. She has a new school this year and finally gets to be with Max. She loves to find him at recess to just watch him. Max wasn't quite sure what to do about his "audience" during his recess activities, but now he seems to have settled into it just fine. Yea for Alex!


6 comments:

sara said...

they are all so cute!! i love that alex likes to find max at recess...my kids love that too!

Lynell said...

Can you believe that summer is over. Wow! It really seemed to fly by this year.

So glad that your kids are happy in school. We seem to be doing great so far as well. Yippie!

It was fun to catch up on the adventures at your house. Turtles, vacations, etc. How exciting!

Jane Anne said...

I think for some reason this year it was particularly hard for me to send the kids back to school. Summer seemed short and this is Marlies' last year!!! I am really missing them.

Your kids are so darling. I also love that Alex likes to watch Max. They are such good kids.

Elder and Sister Grassli said...

Me,too! I love that Alex watches Max. Your brood connect with each other. He's a good one to watch. And I relate to the end of summer feeling. I felt exactly the same way. Do you know how many people can't wait till the summer is over and the kids go back to school? It is so great when you have children, to actually like being with them. It's a blessing for you both.

steve and lisa said...

Loved the school pictures - sometimes they just LOOk like they are enduring them! Too cute! Another school year will be flying by AGAIN! Cannot believe how much your kids are growing up! Lisa

Mike and Jen said...

Susan-

Good to be back in touch. We are indeed back in the US of A and very happy. The kids have gotten so big and we miss all our dear friends from Utah. If you can believe it, our kids were tickled to be getting back to school. I don't if that says good things about me as a home school teacher?!?