Sep 6, 2008

July

OK, so I'm a little behind on my blogging. I'm not trying to do a history, but there are a couple of July photos I want to share. First, Jackson was in July officially a teenager. He is with a couple of good friends and his brother and sister after a night swim and of course the requisite fireworks.

Dan and I were a Ma and Pa on our stake Pioneer Trek. This is our family, with four AMAZING teenagers who were our "kids" and the best "Aunt and Uncle" anyone could expect to have. Dan and I are on the left with hats. It was extremely hot and we went about 30 miles in 3 days. It was definitely memorable and worth going. And, with the exception of one incredibly windy night where I was POSITIVE our tents were all going to collapse, I even slept well.


5 comments:

Jill said...

I'm loving all these new posts. Keep it up!! Jackson is an offical teen now, WOW!!! He's such a nice good kid!!! You and Dan are fabulous in your Trek outfits, they are great! I am always so amazed at everyone who does this. Happy to hear how much you enjoyed it!!

Jane Anne said...

It's fun to see the trek photo. Aahh the memories. I wish we would have had Aunts and Uncles too. We just had 12 kids and us...plus no tents, we cooked our own food the whole time and there was a little bit of frost on one of the mornings....but I'm glad YOU had fun..

allredclan said...

That is one GREAT photo of Alex in the middle of all those boys! LOVE IT! =)

steve and lisa said...

What a smoking HOT looking couple! No really - were you dying of the heat? Ughh! Jackson is growing up so fast! Miss you! Lisa

Elder and Sister Grassli said...

The trek! I am impressed! I don't think I could have done it, even when I was as young as you two. Way to go, Ma and Pa!