We woke up yesterday morning to snow! Not just a little, but probably ten inches. That is a huge amount for us during January, but this is October. It 's supposed to be 60 or 70 degrees fahrenheit for us this time of year. During the winter, areas east, north or even south of us usually get dumped on while we get just a tiny amount of snow. But those areas, at least yesterday morning, got nothing. It felt a little Topsy Turvy for us, but the kids thought it was great fun. They even had a news crew on the sliding hill just behind our house because it was so unusual.
Dan was in top form yesterday. He loves the cold. He made hot chocolate and scones for us. Yum! He went outside in the snow to play (while I stayed warm and made dinner). He also took this photos of Jackson, Max, Alex and Alex's friend. It doesn't look like as much snow here, maybe because it was later in the day, and there are grassy spots only because they stole snow for the snowman.
Today it's still cold but it's sunny. The snowman is leaning dangerously to the left. I'm feeling a bit wimpy because I cannot bring myself to go running in 40 degree weather. I'm also feeling wimpy because I seem to be the only one in my family who is not energized by the surprise snow. I think I'm actually in mourning for the premature loss of the last bit of heat and sun for the season.
I know there is a lot a good that comes from this early snow, so I'm going to think about all the positives. Hmmm . . . . OK, I'll have to amend this later.



11 comments:
My inlaws were telling me about all the snow yesterday, crazy!! We were enjoying 80's here. Sorry!!! I agree, it's early for snow. Glad the kids and Dan had so much fun in it. Great looking snowman!! I'm like you, I don't think I'm ready to let go of warm weather yet. We did have a cold front move in this evening. Tomorrow's High in the 50's. Say it isn't so!!! Miss ya!
Maybe I'm weird but I WANT it to snow here! Or at least be a little bit chilly so it feels like fall. I love this time of year but when it is still in the high 70's (which it is here!) it just doesn't feel like autumn! Ugh.
We woke up to about four inches, but by the afternoon most of it was gone. It continued to snow but didn't stick.
Take heart, it's supposed to get back up to the 70's by the end of the week!
btw...darling picture of the kids
What fun they must have had! But it's okay for you to mourn . . .I'm doing a little of that because here in Switzerland we didn't eally have what I know as summer. Maybe a dozen days not connected to each other.
You are sure a good photographer! I know, you have good subjects. We love you all so much! Thanks for the update!
I'm with you, Susan. I was not ready for the snow AT ALL! It actually made me a but sick to my stomach when I saw all my pumpkins for the pumpkin walk frozen and covered in snow. It kind of took the life right out of me. Not to mention the running thing, like you. I actually had to hit the treadmill (hamster wheel, as I call it) for a few days. YUCK!!! Give me back my Autumn!!!!
p.s. The next time Dan makes hot chocolate and scones, send me a text and I'll sneak over!!!
I'm usually so excited for the snow....i think i'm getting old...maybe it's just because it's tooooo early still for snow!!!!!!
SNOW????
Ugh!
That is one thing we do NOT have! Whew! Yet!!
Way CUTE pictures of the kids playing in the snow! Looks fun - glad you had hot cocoa ready! Lisa
Susan,
My inlaws told be about all the ward changes. Sounds like many got moved around. Hope you enjoy your new ward. Would've been fun all being back together. Kenzie, Trent, and Max would've loved it!!
SUSAN!!!!!
I am so excited for your new calling in your brand spanking new WARD!! Cannot believe all of the splits down there! I think Melissa is excited but nervous! I told her she will be amazing & she will have such a fun, adorable leader to work with! YOU!!! I miss you guys & the fun times! We crashed at Melissa's house for a night & then off to weddings, relatives, etc. Life never slows down! We were planning spending more time there & seeing you again, but my mother laid the guilt on thick!!! So - another time!
Have fun with Melissa - you two will be so cute with those dang, cute Beehives! Wish I could just sit in on a lesson & smile, listen & laugh with you two!! Miss you - Love Lisa
Post a Comment