We went on our Annual Andersen camping trip in Idaho. We usually go in July or August, but it's usually so hot then that we decided to try June. Well, June wasn't so "hot" this year in Idaho. It actually snowed on us. Nice. We did, however, have fun in the tents (I won't mention those wimps in the rv's) but after a while, we all got a little tired and disgusted with the weather. So, we decided to drive into Preston for dinner rather than dutch oven cook. And where else do you go in Preston, Idaho for dinner? Napoleon Dynamite's burger joint of course. It was fun, expecially since we have the entire move script almost memorized. I did miss Dan B's famous dutch oven dinner.

We had lots of fun on the four wheelers,
and with the guns,
and with the horses. Thanks to Andersens for creating great extended family trip memories!
And by the way Ben, I found those lovely self-photos you took on the sly with my camera. Watch for future posts!
Amanda, Anni and Teresa, did you notice I didn't mock your trip into town to sleep in a motel rather than brave the weather . . .?
12 comments:
It looks really pretty with the new green grass everywhere.
Now that I know you actually do go camping I will work harder on getting you to go to Lake Powell:)!!
Susan
I grew up just South of Preston in Lewiston, UT. My parents still live in Cache Valley (Smithfield)! It is so beautiful up there.
My mom grew up in Preston - she took the kids on a tour of Preston right after they filmed Napoleon. They LOVED it! Your kids look like they loved being there too!
Looks like you had a fun time CAMPING! Sometimes camping is fun, sometimes it it is NOT fun! Sometimes you have to hide that you are not having FUN! Looks like you had FUN!
Miss you guys! Lisa
"I caught you a delicious bass."
"How much you wanna bet I can throw a football over them mountains?"
"It took me like three hours to finish the shading on your upper lip. It's probably the best drawing I've ever done."
"Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys?"
"You know, there's like a boat-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bow staff."
"They're pretty good, except for one little problem. That little guy right there. He is nipple number five. A good dairy cow should have, like, four."
"LaFawnduh is *the* best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm 100% positive she's my soul mate. Don't worry Napoleon, I'm sure there's a babe out there for you too. Peace out."
"Sorry I'm late. I just got done taming a wild honeymoon stallion for you guys."
Make it stop!!! I am cracking myself up here just remembering all these lines!!!
Wow, Melinda, you are the biggest Napoleon nerd out there!! Just kidding I think we all have that movie memorized! Susan, looks like a fun time with the family.
Post a Comment