Well today was a banner day. I spent all morning working on projects I hadn't found time to do. I was so proud of myself. I had a huge list of things to get done, and I literally marked 98% all off that list before I decided to reward my amazing efficiency by taking a break and watching part of a movie while I ate lunch. I hopped in the shower quickly since I hadn't done that yet (I usually do that first thing in the morning but I had planned to go for some exercise). Then, while I was eating, a dear friend called and we commenced chatting while I finished eating. Life was good!
During this lovely and most rare, but enjoyable time, about 1:20 p.m., the doorbell rang. My immediate thought was, I don't know who that is, but I'm certainly not going to answer it. I was chatting with my friend, I was still eating, and most importantly, I was without clothing, but for a robe, and my hair was dripping wet. Make up hadn't entered the picture yet and my hair was barely combed through.
Suddenly, my stomach dropped to the floor. I remembered, with HORROR who was at the door. Oh my gosh! I screeched into the phone, It's my VT ers! These sweet friends had been trying for months, not weeks, to work with my difficult schedule and actually come see me. Just yesterday, we discovered this day and time would work.
I had absolutely no choice. I had to answer the door.
Well, we had a wonderful visit. They are fabulous and I'm glad they came . . . almost. It ended up not being that big of a deal (or at least I tell myself that). I did learn a good lesson though. Never, never, never brag to yourself about how efficient you think you are because in my case at least, it just ain't true !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
so funny...you made me laugh...I'm glad to know my super organized, very efficient sister has days that she forgets appointments... and speaking as a R.S. president, I'm glad you let the VT's in:)
I had a meeting with the YW leaders (I am YW camp director!) & completely spaced my meeting. I was running errands - very embarassing! I just felt old & overworked to have forgotten the meeting. The sisters that came over just sat on my porch & had the meeting without me. Ughh! At least you were there to open the door! Think positive! Lisa
That is so funny! Thanks for the laugh.
Look on the bright side: At least it wasn't your Home Teachers. =D
Post a Comment