May 24, 2008
Possessed email?
OK, in ONE DAY I managed to do three strange and out of character things with my email.
First, I tried to forward an email from the Director of a Board on which I serve to Dan to pass on some information and ask him a question. Instead of forwarding it to him, I replied right back to the Director. Nice. It was a really good thing there was nothing private in the email but it's still embarrassing.
Second, I tried to send an email to one of my kid's teachers. Instead, because I typed the wrong address, I sent it to someone else with the same name. NICE! This time, there was quite a bit of private information, but gratefully, the kind woman emailed me back, informed me of my mistake, and I think, moved on.
This made me wonder whether these two mistakes were truly out of character, or whether I've really done it more, and I just didn't know because a some kind person didn't take the time to inform me. How many orphan emails do I have out there?
I choose to believe NONE. I choose to believe my email was possessed for a day and it took over my brain and my fingers.
I'm pretty sure about this possessed email thing because the clincher, my final act, happened that evening. I was responding to several emails including a few from Dan. A few minutes later, Dan walked into the room and said, "Hmmm, Susan, do we have some communication issues? I just received some emails from you, and I'm just in the next room."
Obviously I need a vacation from my email . . . or does my email need a break from me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Dear Susan,
Sometimes when things get tough, I just sit back and think of Rainbows.
Ben
I choose to believe that lost emails go to some place that no one reads...is that naive?
Ben, you make me laugh, hard, but still, no more soccer games in the theater room for you.
Jane, yes, I think so, unfortunately!
What a crack-up. All this technology is supposed to simplify right? Now if I could just figure it all out. Ü
You sure got lucky that it all went as well as it did. Could you imagine what the email that went back to the director could have said??? hee hee
I actually have needed to discuss a few difficult things with Dathan. Maybe I will just send him an email.
You totally crack me up! Thanks for the good laugh. I vote that your e-mail was possessed!
Pool party soon???? ;)
Post a Comment