So I'm really behind on my blogging and there's so much to update, but this one is too good to pass up. In June, we hosted a neighborhood party. Early that morning, Dan worked in the yard to get ready, and as he left for work, he told me he had the hose in the pool to bring up the water level. I said great and went about my busy day.
About mid-afternoon I went outside to start setting up and to check on the pool water level.
What I saw horrified me. Dan had neglected to open the pool cover and consequently, the hose was filling ON TOP of the cover, NOT INSIDE the pool. There was a good 6 inches of water on top of the cover. That amount of water with our little water pump would take several, several hours to pump off, and we had about two hours. Since it was a pool party, that was a problem!
This was so completely and utterly out of character for Dan. He is normally very present and in the moment and pays attention to what he's doing. I, on the other hand, often get the kind advice (from the King of Present) about how I could be much more present. So, with the tables turned, I of course immediately took FULL advantage of the situation and made that WONDERFUL call to Dan with the good news. I cannot imagine why he didn't think it was as funny as I did, but EVERY SINGLE person with whom I came into contact the next several days sure thought it was entertaining.
This photo shows what a GREAT mood Dan was in as we all tried to get the water off in enough time. Can you tell how happy he is ? I'm sure it helped that I was laughing, taking photos and video taping!
Anyway, it all worked out and we literally finished one minute after the hour neighbors were to arrive! WHEW!
I think there are many captions that could go under this photo. If you think of any good ones, please, PLEASE share! It doesn't have to do with what happened, it could be anything. I may even make an honorary poster with a bunch of different captions and an enlarged photo.
About mid-afternoon I went outside to start setting up and to check on the pool water level.
What I saw horrified me. Dan had neglected to open the pool cover and consequently, the hose was filling ON TOP of the cover, NOT INSIDE the pool. There was a good 6 inches of water on top of the cover. That amount of water with our little water pump would take several, several hours to pump off, and we had about two hours. Since it was a pool party, that was a problem!
This was so completely and utterly out of character for Dan. He is normally very present and in the moment and pays attention to what he's doing. I, on the other hand, often get the kind advice (from the King of Present) about how I could be much more present. So, with the tables turned, I of course immediately took FULL advantage of the situation and made that WONDERFUL call to Dan with the good news. I cannot imagine why he didn't think it was as funny as I did, but EVERY SINGLE person with whom I came into contact the next several days sure thought it was entertaining.
This photo shows what a GREAT mood Dan was in as we all tried to get the water off in enough time. Can you tell how happy he is ? I'm sure it helped that I was laughing, taking photos and video taping!
Anyway, it all worked out and we literally finished one minute after the hour neighbors were to arrive! WHEW!
I think there are many captions that could go under this photo. If you think of any good ones, please, PLEASE share! It doesn't have to do with what happened, it could be anything. I may even make an honorary poster with a bunch of different captions and an enlarged photo.



7 comments:
Hurray for an update!! I was actually surprised there wasn't more water then there is...Pretty funny!
Caption - Dohh!
That is really funny about Dan! He must have had a lot on his mind - or nothing on his mind!! Miss you guys! Lisa
Hi Susan
This is Lisa J. I am on my sister-in-law's computer (trying to teach her how to blog!). Thanks for letting Trent & Trevor come over & play! They had so much fun. We miss you guys! It was fun seeing you - and we are coming back in Oct. I will call & arrange a lunch date! Love Lisa
hey...i'm just glad to see you're blogging again....hahaha......well i think your song says it perfectly..."I am a man of consent sorrow...."
when are you going to put my new blog link back onto your blog.....????
My captian for this post is:
"A Lawyer Making a Mistake!" hee hee
"No sex for you tonight!" ;)
Post a Comment