So Alex entered the annual PTA Reflections contest last fall with this photo of her brothers and her cousin (well, first cousin once removed to be more precise). The theme was "I can make a difference by . . . " and she said something about being kind to those who are smaller.
She took first at her school level, then first at council level, then first at region level and then went to State!! There were over one-hundred other photos in her category at State and only four received an award. We learned recently that SHE WAS ONE OF THEM!!! Of the four, one was chosen to go to Nationals and three were awards of merit. She received an Award of Merit and we are so proud of her. She has a great eye I think!
Way to go Alex!



5 comments:
Way to go ALEX!!! That is really amazing...Thanks for sharing that. She is such a darling. You're a great mom.
GO Alex! Thats awesome, great photo skills. Maybe you could teach your mom how to use the camera now.
Ben
Congratulations Alex! That is SOOO cool!
Susan, I remember when I was in elementary school and I entered the Reflection contest with a picture I took with YOUR help! Do you remember? I think it was a picture of Marlies in the front seat of the car like she was driving it or something. And I won, too!
I am not surprized! Alex you are amazing and good at everything you do. I love the picture. The colors are fantastic and it is full of emotion. Way to go! You really are a champion!
I absolutely LOVE that picture! The candid smiles on your boys' faces are priceless. Love it. And congratulations to Alex on the Award of Merit at State level!!! Morgan got that same award for a picture she took of her little cousin after he had open heart surgery.
Post a Comment