Mar 20, 2008

"O.K. O.K. I'll do it"


So my older sister Jane, the kinder, gentler version of me, tells me it is my duty to create a blog. If I don't want to do it for fun, she says, I should at least do it for my kids. She knows me too well. My Achilles heal, my vulnerable spot, is my kids. I'll do just about anything for them.


So, here it is kids (and Jane), the "Days of our Lives" (yes, I am sad to admit I was a huge fan of this soap back in High School). Since my schedule is already hectic, I decided to replace any cleaning duties I have around the house with this blog. So Alex, you know that black fuzzy ring in the toilet you so tactfully pointed out the other day? Good news! We can leave it there a little longer JUST so we can see how it can grow! Think of it as a sort of science fair project. You could maybe even write a report for extra credit at school. Jackson and Max, I am happy to report you will still be able to write your names in the dust on the entry table for a few more days. Dan, because you love nature so much, I am going to make a sacrifice for you! I am going to leave those spider webs in the house just a little longer. I noticed you were trying to pull them off the other day in the sweetest attempt to help me with my amazing cleaning skills. No need to help anymore! Let's see how many spiders and webs we can get in our house! It will be like living outdoors. How fun is that!


Whomever said I'm not a "Giver" obviously doesn't know me very well.


And Dan, my kind husband, if you mock the fact that I now have a blog, I'll be forced to post that snorkling photo of you that you love so much.

7 comments:

Jane Anne said...

YAE!!!!!I'm so happy you started a blog. Your science fair project, autographs in dust and bringing the outdoors in (spiders in the house) will be well worth it. Welcome to the blogging world!!! love you!

Jane Anne said...

cool pictures too!

Marie said...

YAY for blogging!! :)

Camille said...

So here is my problem with blogs. It is an exercise we add to already overflowing day just to let people know what we are doing. Somewhat pretentious don't you think?
After starting my blog I noticed so much of my time was uneventful and I lacked the time it took to summon my pathetic literary skills to make coherent entries.
With that said I have found blogging to be somewhat of an outlet maybe even rewarding? In fact, believe it or not some people really enjoy reading the junk you write.
So welcome to the bloggosphere.
Ben

Lynell said...

Yippie! This is so awesome. One more place for me to visit each day. Who needs a clean house anyway? With all the running we do we will never be home long enough to notice. Ü

Great pics. Who's the awesome photographer? hee hee

sara said...

post the snorkel picture...post the snorkel picture......!!!

Elder and Sister Grassli said...

Clever postings, Suze!
I kind of agree with Ben about the time. But it is worth it for the sake of keeping a family record. I don't know if I can do it for us, though. If I just journal our mission I will be doing well.

GG